09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Green Tomato Spice Cake


People who know me will probably think my blog has been hacked since this is the second cooking post in the same week.  I tried this recipe and it is delicious.

I saw this recipe at Lazy J Bar C Farm blog.  She got it from Teresa @ Eden Hills which is where the actual recipe is.



This is approximately the color of the batter.  There was natural light, fluorescent light, and incandescent light when I took these photos which is more than a challenge for my white balance.



Of course, cream cheese frosting makes anything better.


My favorite plates.  There are eight different Halloween scenes. :)


Try this cake if you have green tomatoes going to waste.  
Or, if you don't have green tomatoes, you might want to go find some.

Yummy.







6 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i wish i had some to try the recipe ... it looks tasty. enjoy your hard work. (:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks yummy and you are right - cream cheese icing makes a lot of cakes/cookies better. :) I think I remember hearing about a receipt similar or may be the same one a while back - kind of like a spice cake.
Like the pic of the weathered building (couple posts down. tried to leave a comment but my computer was doing a security scan and I will learn not to try and leave comments when that is going on. :(
Thanks for stopping by and nice comment. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your treasures you got at the sale.

Brian King said...

Hmmm, I like just about everything, but I've never heard of this. I'd give it a tentative taste. :-)

Gail Dixon said...

That is really interesting. Green tomatoes in the batter with a cream cheese frosting? Did I see that right? If you say it's good, I believe you! I am pretty tempted to try it just to see for myself.

MadSnapper said...

all news to me that cake can be made from green maters. and that last photos is delightful just to LOOK at and i wish i could taste it to

Unknown said...

I have never heard of this! Thanks for sharing, I might just try this although my true love is fried green tomatoes :)!!