09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Thursday, November 8, 2012

"Likker"


Taken through a chain-link fence which was temporarily installed around the riverwalk area in downtown Nashville in August of this year.  There was a BBQ contest going on and you had to pay to get in.  We were too cheap to pay to walk around and sample bar-b-que, so we just peered through the fence like outsiders.

Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton was a moonshiner in Tennessee.  He claimed to make the best $%@&* "likker" anyone had ever tasted.
If you are interested, visit the website or try the product.

http://www.popcornsuttonswhiskey.com/



I would have liked to have seen Grand Funk Railroad, but we were leaving too early on the Saturday.  And, on Friday night, The Fabulous Thunderbirds might have gotten our money, but 9 p.m. is pretty much our bedtime even on a weekend outing.
I know, I know, pathetic.









7 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

These are great photos!! (even if you were too cheap to get in LOL)

I'll save the likker for my Thanksgiving turkey. :-)

MadSnapper said...

love that truck shot and the guital is way cool

Kathy said...

This looks like a fun day, even if you didn't get to sample the BBQ.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love that truck and the guitar! I probably would have just peered through the fence too.

Rose said...

Love the truck...wouldn't have minded seeing GFR or FT either...

Gail Dixon said...

Marvin sounds like a character. I thought of you last night while I was watching the show Nashville. They had a shot of Printer's Alley, which I remembered seeing in one of your posts. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your photos/history. I'm not very comfortable walking around in the summer heat tasting bbq!